footy (plural footies)
- (uncountable, Britain) Football (association football) (soccer in US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand)
- (uncountable, Australia) The game or sport of football, usually Australian rules football or rugby league, but not soccer
- (countable, Australia) The ball used in a game of footy.
- (usually in the plural) A short sock.
- (Britain, dialect, dated) Having foots, or settlings.
- footy oil or molasses
- (Britain, dialect, dated) poor; mean
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Charles Kingsley to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.