Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Frankfurt
frankfurt (plural frankfurts)
- (US, Australia) A frankfurter; a hot dog sausage.
1919, Michigan Office of Dairy and Food Commissioner, Annual report of the Dairy and Food Commissioner of the State of Michigan, volume 25, page 81:
- Sample of frankfurts procured from Stanley Kwiatkowski, Grand Rapids, Mich. Contains excessive amount of cereal.
- 1942, Robert Byron Hinman, Robert Bernard Harris, The Story of Meat, page 137,
- Frankfurts of the highest quality are prepared generally from a mixture of approximately half beef and half pork.
2017 June 10, smithxpj, “Ham banned in Broadmeadows”, in aus.consumers, Usenet:
- As a kid in the 50s, (before we became infested with the current mish-mash of liquorice allsorts) pork fritz, devon, sliced ham, frankfurts, pork sausages...were all about as common a staple as you care to name. Even the Italians and Greeks of the time ate (and continue to eat) the stuff!!