Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: freerider
- Someone who obtains goods or services legally without paying.
- The store failed because all of the manager's friends were free riders who drove paying customers away.
- (economics) One who obtains benefit from a public good without paying for it directly.
- A lighthouse is the classic example of a public good because it is difficult to prevent a ship (a free rider) from using it.
- (industrial relations) A worker at an open shop who is able to enjoy the benefits negotiated by a union without being a member of the union.
(economics) one who obtains benefit from a public good without paying for it directly