Jump to navigation Jump to search
galloper (plural gallopers)
- One who gallops.
- A racehorse.
- 2009, January 25, “Rod Nicholson”, in Get ready for Hussler v Cat:
- The Hussler's trainer, Ross McDonald, is confident Australia's champion galloper will win the clashes, despite Weekend Hussler never having competed over 1000m before.
- A carousel or roundabout (especially in the plural)
- (military) A carriage on which very small guns were formerly mounted, the gun resting on the shafts, without a limber.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Farrow to this entry?)
- (Australia) The Chinamanfish, a type of snapper