Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (fandom slang) Fan fiction that does not focus specifically on romance or sex.
- 2002, Will Brooker, Using the Force: Creativity, Community and Star Wars Fans, Continuum (2002), →ISBN, page 136:
- Fee Folay writes, "I do read a lot of genfic, but I find the slash is more likely to explore a deeper, more intense relationship between the male protagonists, and that beguiles me."
- 2008, Steve Abrams and Smaragd Grün, "Mundanes at the Gate … and Perverts Within: Managing Internal and External Threats to Community Online", in Electronic Tribes: The Virtual Worlds of Geeks, Gamers, Shamans, and Scammers (eds. Tyrone L. Adams & Stephen A. Smith), University of Texas Press (2008), →ISBN, page 210:
- Genfic and hetfic typically extend the source material along lines consistent with the producers' intentions, albeit sometimes more explicitly than the broadcast market would allow.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:genfic.