- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dʒɛsˈtɪkjʊleɪt/, /dʒɛsˈtɪkjəleɪt/
- (US) IPA(key): /dʒɛsˈtɪkjəleɪt/
Audio (US) (file)
- (intransitive) To make gestures or motions, as in speaking.
- (transitive) To say or express through gestures.
- "...the TV programme Friends is influencing not only the way Irish people speak but also how they gesticulate. Now almost every utterance is accompanied by arms outstretched and palms turned upwards." Irish Times, December 6, 2004
to make gestures
to express through gestures
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.