Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dʒɛsˈtɪkjʊleɪt/, /dʒɛsˈtɪkjəleɪt/
- (US) IPA(key): /d͡ʒɛsˈtɪkjəleɪt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪkjʊleɪt
- (intransitive) To make gestures or motions, as in speaking.
- (transitive) To say or express through gestures.
- December 6, 2004, Irish Times:
- […] the TV programme Friends is influencing not only the way Irish people speak but also how they gesticulate. Now almost every utterance is accompanied by arms outstretched and palms turned upwards."
to make gestures
to express through gestures
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.