get away with
- (idiomatic) To escape punishment for.
- Do you think we could get away with taking Dad’s car?
- Not many people have gotten away with stealing that much money.
- Our teacher's so strict, he'd never let us get away with anything in class.
to escape punishment for
avoid doing work
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.