- simple past tense and past participle of
- (of yarn, cord, thread, wire, etc.) Wrapped or wound tightly with a second length of yarn or wire in a tight spiral, often by means of a gimping machine, leaving the core yarn straight and protected (gimped yarn). Also, generally, wrapped or twisted with string or wire (gimped buttons).
- (of fabric, curtains, clothing, or similar) Adorned with gimp (decorative trim); edged or embroidered.
- Jagged, as a jagged or uneven edge or outline; notched, edged with serrations or grooves; nicked, dented.
- (informal) Crippled, injured; damaged as to awkwardly impede function.
- 2003, Scott Oglesby, Riding High, page 60:
- Then he wheeled him around and began pushing him lickety-split down the hall, the chair's rickety wheels squealing like a gimped grocery cart.
- (informal, computing) Modified by means of GIMP