Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: see go, home. To return to one's house.
- Your mother called. She wants you to go home at 10:00.
- (euphemistic) To die.
- Louis went home at around 2:30 yesterday.
- (euphemistic) To be eliminated in a competition.
2009, Sharon Marie Ross, Beyond the Box: Television and the Internet, page 82:
- Hellriegel's program tells him who is receiving a lot of votes (long periods of busy signals) and who is not (easy to ring through), and the website tells viewers who is most likely to go home – rather than who is most likely to stay.
return to one's house
euphemism: to die