Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- To descend into a body of water; to founder.
- The boat was too heavy and went under.
- (idiomatic) To collapse or fail, e.g. by going bankrupt.
- In the crisis, the company was forced to reduce its costs in order to avoid going under.
- (idiomatic) To be named; to call oneself.
- He goes under the name of Mr X to remain anonymous.
- To enter a trance, state of hypnosis, etc.
to descend into a body of water
to fail by going bankrupt — see go bankrupt