Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Godhead
- Divinity or godhood, divine essence or nature.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), imprinted at London: By Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, Romans 1:20:
- For the inuisible things of him from the Creation of the world, are clearely seene, being vnderstood by the things that are made, euen his eternall Power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse: (θειότης in Greek)
- (rare) Any deity or idol.
- An admired or influential person or entity.
- 2007 June, Gregory Mone, “Invention: A New Breed of Mouse”, in Popular Science, volume 270, number 6, page 56:
- He pauses, as if hesitant to mention the godhead of computer design aloud, and adds, "Maybe even something Apple would be interested in."
divinity, godhood — see divinity
God — see God
deity — see deity
admired or influential person or entity