Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The property of being divine, of being like a god or God.
- They say there is divinity in odd numbers.
- (countable) A deity.
- A celestial being, inferior to the supreme God, but superior to man.
- God […] employing these subservient divinities
- (uncountable) The study of religion or religions.
- Harvard Divinity School has been teaching theology since 1636.
- A type of confectionery made with egg whites, corn syrup, and white sugar.
- (property of being divine): godliness, godship
- (deity): deity, god, godship
- (study): godlore, theology
property of being divine
study of religion or religions
Terms derived from divinity
See Related terms for divine