Jump to navigation Jump to search
This English term is a hot word. Its inclusion on Wiktionary is provisional.
- A style of fashion characterized by functional outdoor wear such as fleece jackets, parkas, and fanny packs.
- 2017 June 1, Francesca Wallace, “Gorpcore is the new normcore: everything you need to know about fashion's newest phase.”, in Vogue Australia:
- It might be the Vetements effect of ‘wear what you want, we just don’t care’ but designers have more than embraced gorpcore, whose key elements have been seen on runways for seasons now.
- 2017 May 29, “'Gorpcore' is the new 'Normcore' and it's bringing bum bags back”, in Metro:
- These days, fanny packs are being worn by rappers. By models. And soon, no doubt, by you. Why? Because gorpcore has brought them back into fashion.
- 2017 November 27, Alexis Swerdloff, “If You're Going to Buy One Thing Today, Make It This Patagonia Fleece”, in New York Magazine:
- We scoured the site for things that are not often on sale, and stumbled on this great nubby Patagonia fleece that’s perfect for living out your gorpcore dreams in.