Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (linguistics) (of language) The state or attribute of obeying the rules of grammar; grammatical correctness.
- 1963, Peter Lackowski, “Words as Grammatical Primes”, in Language, volume 39, number 2, page 214:
- One cannot consistently judge the grammaticality of utterances without knowing what grammatical types their constituent morphemes represent.
state of obeying the rules of grammar
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster’s Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.