Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹæn(d)kæt/, /-kat/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹæn(d)kæt/
- Hyphenation: grand‧cat
grandcat (plural grandcats)
- (humorous, affectionate) A cat owned by one's child, having a status comparable to a grandchild.
- 2006 July 1, Barbie Root, “July 2006”, in Life After Katrina: A Family's Story of Trial and Triumph, [Mustang, Okla.]: Tate Publishing & Enterprises, published 2009, →ISBN, page 325:
- I'm heading to GR tomorrow to bring the cat to Mom/Maurice for a couple of weeks. I'm heading to Tokyo the week of July 11, so they have to take care of their grandcat!