Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (slang, derogatory) Large, aesthetic, well-developed muscles, especially ones that are believed to be overly large or impractical.
- 2003, Elaine Viets, Shop till you Drop: a Dead-end Job Mystery, page 84:
- He was six feet tall and strong, but without the gnarled gym muscles Helen hated.
- 2006, Alex Duval, Vampire Beach: Initiation, page 94:
- Sienna reached out, grabbed Jason's hand, and ran his fingers across her taut abs. Jason tried to look unimpressed. "Gym muscles," Tyler scoffed.
- 2008, Elaine Viets, Murder With Reservations, page 144:
- Physical labor gave her muscles, but not sculpted gym muscles.
- 2009, Grant McCrea, Drawing Dead, page 67:
- Sure, the sick Italian fuck had muscles on top of the muscles all over his chunky irritating self. But they were gym muscles. Bench-press-with- your-iPod muscles.
- 2009, Mehmet Murat Somer, The Kiss Murder, page 138:
- He didn't have puffed-up gym muscles. His strapping body had a rippling stomach, ridged like a tray of baklava.
- 2010, Alexander Irvine, Iron Man 2: The Junior Novel, page 109:
- […] and he realized that, unlike a lot of big guys with gym muscles, the guard could take a punch.