Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (said of a country) Not primitive; not third world.
2013 July 6, “The rise of smart beta”, The Economist, volume 408, number 8843, page 68:
- Investors face a quandary. Cash offers a return of virtually zero in many developed countries; government-bond yields may have risen in recent weeks but they are still unattractive. Equities have suffered two big bear markets since 2000 and are wobbling again. It is hardly surprising that pension funds, insurers and endowments are searching for new sources of return.
- This term needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text
(of a country) not primitive; not third world
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- simple past tense and past participle of