Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (colloquial) hullabaloo; uproar.
- (slang, rare) hi, howdy
- kalabalik (1.1) (a situation on the verge of getting out of control; also: about e.g. playing and shouting children)
- liv (1.1) (familiar; somewhat milder than kalabalik)
- uppståndelse (1.1, 1.2) (formal: the typical word to be heard on the news)
- folkstorm (1.2) (in tabloid papers)
- protest (1.2) (very formal, to be found in environments of bureaucracy)
- “hallabaloo” in James Orchard Halliwell, A Dictionary of Archaic and Provincial Words, Obsolete Phrases, Proverbs, and Ancient Customs, from the Fourteenth Century. [...] In Two Volumes, volume I (A–I), London: John Russell Smith, 4, Old Compton Street, Soho, 1847, OCLC 81046494, page 430, column 1.
- A Dictionary of English Synonymes and Synonymous Or Parallel Expressions, Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology, 1876