Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: hardpressed
- (idiomatic, usually with to-infinitive) Barely able. Having difficulty doing something.
- Although they are still available, I think we would be hard-pressed to find one on short notice.
- (idiomatic) Experiencing financial difficulty or difficulty in surviving.
- The earthquake left the residents hard-pressed.
in financial or survival difficulty
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.