Jump to navigation Jump to search
hatnote (plural hatnotes)
- (Wiktionary and WMF jargon) A short note placed at the top of an article, normally to provide links to other similarly named articles or disambiguation pages.
- 2008, John Broughton, Wikipedia: The Missing Manual, page 320:
- If a reader searches for dioxin, she arrives at this article. The too-long hatnote on this page probably befuddled many readers looking for the Wikipedia article Polychlorinated dibenzodioxins.
- 2008, Phoebe Ayers, Charles Matthews, Ben Yates, How Wikipedia Works: And How You Can Be a Part of It, page 237:
- A hatnote on this default page points readers to the disambiguation page if they're looking for articles using a different meaning of the term.