Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Heady
- Intoxicating or stupefying.
- The cocktail was a heady mixture of spirits.
- 1950, James Shelton (lyrics and music), “Lilac Wine”:
- Lilac wine is sweet and heady, like my love / Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, like my love
- Tending to upset the mind or senses.
- We looked out from a heady outcrop of rock.
- The rock concert was a heady mixture of their greatest hits.
- Kierkegaard is rather heady reading for a high school student.
- Rash or impetuous.
- He made such heady promises that when the time came, he was never able to fulfill them.
intoxicating or stupefying
rash or impetuous