- Rhymes: -aɪtən
- To make high; to raise higher; to elevate.
- To advance, increase, augment, make larger, more intense, stronger etc.
- to heighten beauty
- to heighten a flavor or a tint
- to heighten his awareness
- 2006, Ashley Seager, Employment rise gives chancellor a boost, published in The Guardian Online, 6 December 2006
- If Mr Brown chooses, he could raise his estimate of the economy's "trend" rate of growth in the coming years and so heighten his hopes of tax revenues.
to make higher