Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To make high; to raise higher; to elevate.
- To advance, increase, augment, make larger, more intense, stronger etc.
- to heighten beauty
- to heighten a flavor or a tint
- to heighten his awareness
- “That’s heightened by the impact of climate change,” she added.
- 2006 December 6, Ashley Seager, “Employment rise gives chancellor a boost”, in The Guardian:
- If Mr Brown chooses, he could raise his estimate of the economy's "trend" rate of growth in the coming years and so heighten his hopes of tax revenues.
to make higher
to augment, aggravate, intensify