Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -aɪtən
- To make high; to raise higher; to elevate.
- To advance, increase, augment, make larger, more intense, stronger etc.
- to heighten beauty
- to heighten a flavor or a tint
- to heighten his awareness
- “That’s heightened by the impact of climate change,” she added.
- 2006, Ashley Seager, Employment rise gives chancellor a boost, published in The Guardian Online, 6 December 2006
- If Mr Brown chooses, he could raise his estimate of the economy's "trend" rate of growth in the coming years and so heighten his hopes of tax revenues.
to make higher
to augment, aggravate, intensify