- (UK, US) IPA(key): /ˈheɪnəs/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈhiːnəs/
Audio (UK) (file)
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪnəs
- Totally reprehensible.
- I hope they catch the person responsible for that heinous crime.
- The perpetrators of this heinous act must be brought to justice.
- The government denounced the attack as the most heinous of the last decade.
- Political Leaders from around the world have condemned these heinous acts.
- In our public services sorry seems to be the most heinous word.
- Nouns to which "heinous" is often applied: crime, act, sin, murder, offence.