Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Eye dialect spelling of has.
- 1896, Bret Harte, In a Hollow of the Hills:
- He's here with some of his folks az hez got inter trouble--I'm forgettin' to tell ye.
- 1904, Harold Steele Mackaye, The Panchronicon:
- "Well, then, you c'n explain it to them as hez ben to high school, an' that's sister Phoebe.
- 1911, Eugene Field, Second Book of Tales:
- Jim was visibly excited; he let go the telephone, and, turning around, full over against us, he said, "By ----, boys! the stage hez been robbed!"
hez f (plural heces)
- dregs, sediment
- (derogatory) scum
- (in the plural) excrement, dung