Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To be especially memorable, meaningful, or significant; to be fully understood, believed or appreciated.
- Synonyms: strike a chord, strike home
- Do you think the message really hit home with him?
- Baked goodies can really hit home with a crowd.
- 2008, Gordon Watt, Fading Home, AuthorHouse (→ISBN), page 297:
- Which led me to publish it, to see if it hits home at all. Which, to me, is the point of the written word, the novels: Our desire to be reassured and read that, in all this, we're not alone.
to be especially memorable