Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: hogtie
- To tie a person's or animal's feet together; originally all four legs of a quadruped.
- 1920, Peter B. Kyne, chapter XII, in The Understanding Heart:
- # “As an inventor,” Bob Mason suggested, “you're a howling success at shooting craps ! If I were as free of spavins, ringbone, saddle-galls, and splints as you are, I'd have that nanny-goat in here, hog-tie her, flop her and let the boy help himself. […]”
- (figuratively) To render helpless.
hog-tie (plural hog-ties)
- The act of tying the feet together in this way.
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967