Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (informal, figuratively) Foolish talk or writing; nonsense.
- Synonym: nonsense
- 2016, T. Colin Campbell; Thomas M. Campbell, The China Study: Revised and Expanded Edition, BenBella Books, Inc., page 214:
- We have more faith in the average American than that. It’s not true that Americans love hogwash— it’s that hogwash inundates Americans, whether they want it or not! Some Americans want the truth— they just haven’t been able to find it because it is drowned out by hogwash.
- (literally) A mixture of solid and liquid food scraps fed to pigs; swill. [from mid 15th c.]
- (foolish talk): See Thesaurus:nonsense