Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) enPR: mĭksʹchər, IPA(key): /ˈmɪkstʃɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmɪkstʃə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mix‧ture
mixture (plural mixtures)
- The act of mixing.
- Something produced by mixing.
- Something that consists of diverse elements
- A medicinal compound
- A teaspoonful of the mixture to be taken three times daily after meals
act of mixing
something produced by mixing
something that consists of diverse elements
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- mixture in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- mixture in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911