Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: mĭksʹchər, IPA(key): /ˈmɪkstʃɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmɪkstʃə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mix‧ture
- The act of mixing.
- Something produced by mixing.
- Something that consists of diverse elements.
- A medicinal compound, typically a suspension of a solid in a solution
- A teaspoonful of the mixture to be taken three times daily after meals
- (music) A compound organ stop.
- A cloth of variegated colouring.
- (India) A mix of different dry foods as a snack, especially chevda or Bombay mix.
act of mixing
something produced by mixing
something that consists of diverse elements
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- mixture in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- mixture in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of mixturar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of mixturar
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of mixturar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of mixturar
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of mixturar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of mixturar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of mixturar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of mixturar.