Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmɪkstʃə/
- (General American) enPR: mĭksʹchər, IPA(key): /ˈmɪkst͡ʃɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mix‧ture
- The act of mixing.
- Something produced by mixing.
- Something that consists of diverse elements.
- A medicinal compound, typically a suspension of a solid in a solution
- A teaspoonful of the mixture to be taken three times daily after meals
- (music) A compound organ stop.
- A cloth of variegated colouring.
- (India) A mix of different dry foods as a snack, especially chevda or Bombay mix.
act of mixing
something produced by mixing
something that consists of diverse elements
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- mixture in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- mixture in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911
mixture f (plural mixtures)
- “mixture”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.