mélange (plural mélanges)
- (geology) A large-scale breccia formed in the accretionary wedge over a subductional environment.
- Alternative form of
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:mélange.
From Middle French mélange, meslange, from Old French meslance, meslinges (“set of diverse elements”), derived from mescler (“to mingle, mix up”) (modern French mêler), from Vulgar Latin *misculāre, from Latin misceō (“mix”) + -inges, a suffix from Frankish *-ingo (“-ing”).
mélange m (plural mélanges)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of