Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
alloy (plural alloys)
- A metal that is a combination of two or more elements, at least one of which is a metal.
- An admixture; something added which stains, taints etc.
metal combined of more elements
- To mix or combine; often used of metals.
- To reduce the purity of by mixing with a less valuable substance.
- to alloy gold with silver or copper, or silver with copper
- (figuratively) To impair or debase by mixture.
- to alloy pleasure with misfortunes
mix or combine