Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: vârʹēəgā'tĭd, IPA(key): /ˈveəɹɪəˌɡeɪtɪd/, /ˈvæɹi.əˌɡeɪtɪd/
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: vârʹēəgā'tĭd, IPA(key): /ˈveəɹɪəˌɡeɪtɪd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Streaked, spotted, or otherwise marked with a variety of color.
- 1886, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, H.L. Brækstad, transl., Folk and Fairy Tales, page 279:
- From the heights a view was now and then obtained between the lofty pine and fir-trees of the valley below with its smiling fields and variegated woods of birch and alder trees, between which the river wound like a narrow silvery streak.
- (by extension) Very colorful.
streaked or spotted with a variety of colours
- simple past tense and past participle of