Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (US, colloquial) phony, as if a hoax; noticeably contrived; of obviously flimsy credibility or quality
- When asked for his book report, Chad came up a series of hokier and hokier excuses, until he finally admitted that he hadn’t done it at all.
- I thought the bargain-priced windshield wiper blades were a little hokey when I saw their cheap packaging, but when they flew off the end of the wiper during a rainstorm, I knew for sure.
- (US, colloquial) corny; overly or unbelievably sentimental
- Terry hated going to the cinema with Pat, as Pat always chose hokey romantic comedies that made Terry want to gag.
phony, obviously of flimsy credibility
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.