Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US, colloquial) phony, as if a hoax; noticeably contrived; of obviously flimsy credibility or quality
- When asked for his book report, Chad came up a series of hokier and hokier excuses.
- I thought the windshield wiper blades were a little hokey when I saw their cheap packaging.
- (US, colloquial) corny; overly or unbelievably sentimental
- Synonyms: cheesy, kitschy
- Terry hated going to the cinema with Pat, she always chose hokey romantic comedies that made him want to gag.
phony, obviously of flimsy credibility
corny, overly sentimental
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked