Jump to navigation Jump to search
holodeck (plural holodecks)
- (science fiction) A room that provides holographic simulations for recreation, training, etc.
- 1999, Annette Kuhn, Alien Zone II: The Spaces of Science-fiction Cinema:
- […] the fact that science-fiction film, and indeed much — if not most — contemporary film, has become a technology on the way to somewhere else, whether that goal turns out to be immersive, interactive, or some holodeck-style fusion of the two.
- 2002, Kay M Stanney, Handbook of virtual environments:
- Building a holodeck will require breakthroughs in sensors, robotics, and mechanical interfaces […]
- 2007, Fritz Allhoff, Patrick Lin, James Moor, Nanoethics
- In such a world, would one want to be hooked up to a pleasure machine or live on a holodeck?