Jump to navigation Jump to search
- hopefull (archaic)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhoʊpfəl/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhəʊpfəl/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Hyphenation: hope‧ful
- feeling hope
- I have been very hopeful.
- I am hopeful that I will recover from the disease.
- inspiring hope
- It looks hopeful that my father will be able to walk again.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
hopeful (plural hopefuls)