- Like, pertaining to, or characteristic of a hound; doggish; canine.
1897, Richard Wagner, Religion and art:
- This the "free" burgher of our Civilisation calls "houndish fidelity," with a contemptuous accent on the "hound."
1994, Jack Lovejoy, Outworld Cats:
- [...] houndish face was anything but memorable, yet Verna felt certain she had seen it somewhere before. "Delfred! Delfred! Delfred! Woof! Woof! Woof!" continued the chant outside the garden wall.
2008, Jeffrey Overstreet, Cyndere's Midnight:
- Long strings of yellow dangled from Jorn's houndish snout, and his eyes were red.
2010, Gregory Maguire, Mirror Mirror:
- Lucrezia laughed, a houndish laugh, almost a baying.