- Like, pertaining to, or characteristic of a hound; doggish; canine.
- 1897, Richard Wagner, Religion and art:
- This the "free" burgher of our Civilisation calls "houndish fidelity," with a contemptuous accent on the "hound."
- 1994, Jack Lovejoy, Outworld Cats:
- [...] houndish face was anything but memorable, yet Verna felt certain she had seen it somewhere before. "Delfred! Delfred! Delfred! Woof! Woof! Woof!" continued the chant outside the garden wall.
- 2008, Jeffrey Overstreet, Cyndere's Midnight:
- Long strings of yellow dangled from Jorn's houndish snout, and his eyes were red.
- 2010, Gregory Maguire, Mirror Mirror:
- Lucrezia laughed, a houndish laugh, almost a baying.