Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: house keeper
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhaʊskipɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhaʊskiːpə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: house‧keep‧er
housekeeper (plural housekeepers)
- One who looks after the home by herself; either as a wife or a hired servant.
- She was their third housekeeper, but after a month or so she also gave up.
- A woman who supervises the female domestic staff of a large home.
- One who supervises the cleaning staff of a hospital, hotel, or similar business.
one who looks after the home by herself
head of the female staff of a large home
supervisor of the cleaning staff of a hospital or hotel