incentive + -ize
incentivize (third-person singular simple present incentivizes, present participle incentivizing, simple past and past participle incentivized)
- (transitive, US, business, economics) To provide incentives for; to encourage.
- The US government seeks to incentivize home ownership through a favorable tax system.
- (transitive, US, business, economics) To provide incentives to.
- They effectively incentivized people to overinvest in home ownership.
- Used relatively more than incent to refer to the use of systems of incentives.