Jump to navigation Jump to search
indefinable (not comparable)
- That which cannot be precisely defined or put into words.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 178:
- They apparently have a theory that the indefinable psychic gift that they call magic, and which we might designate "psychicism", can be acquired by accosting the soul of a murdered man in a burial ground at midnight.
- That which defies description; indescribable.
- undefinable (less common)
that which defies description
indefinable (plural indefinables)
- Anything that cannot be defined.