Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Made for use by businesses or manufacturers, as opposed to home consumers, and therefore typically larger, stronger, more difficult to operate, and less attractive in appearance.
- The office was now large enough to need an industrial strength vacuum cleaner.
- (often used whimsically) Unusually large or potent.
- That's one industrial strength cockroach! I'll need the industrial strength bug spray.
- Ability or capacity, as related to industry.
- It was many decades before the war-ravaged country regained its industrial strength.