Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Catalan
- 3 Portuguese
- 4 Spanish
- Of or relating to industry, notably manufacturing.
2013 June 29, “Unspontaneous combustion”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 29:
- Since the mid-1980s, when Indonesia first began to clear its bountiful forests on an industrial scale in favour of lucrative palm-oil plantations, “haze” has become an almost annual occurrence in South-East Asia. The cheapest way to clear logged woodland is to burn it, producing an acrid cloud of foul white smoke that, carried by the wind, can cover hundreds, or even thousands, of square miles.
The industrial segment of the economy has seen troubles lately.
- Produced by such industry.
Handicraft is less standardized then industrial products, hence less artistic or rather flawless.
- Used by such industry.
- Suitable for use in such industry; industrial-grade.
This is an industrial product—it's much too strong for home use.
- Massive in scale or quantity.
- Employed as manpower by such industry.
- (of a society or country) Having many industries; industrialized.
Italy is a part-industrial, part-rural nation.
- (music) Belonging or pertaining to the genre of industrial music.
a track with clashing industrial beats
of or relating to industry
(of a society or country) having many industries
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (dated, 19th-mid 20th century) An employee in industry
- (business) An enterprise producing tangible goods or providing certain services to industrial companies.
- (finance) A bond or stock issued by such company
- (informal, uncountable) industrial music
- I wish they'd play more industrial in this club.
- (informal) An industrial piercing.
industrial m, f (masculine and feminine plural industrials)
industrial m, f (plural industriales)