Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
infancy (plural infancies)
- The earliest period of childhood (crawling rather than walking).
- The state of being an infant.
- An early stage in the development of, eg, some technology.
- Space tourism is still in its infancy.
- (law) The state of being a minor.
earliest period of childhood
state of being an infant
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.