Semantic extension of the Malay Jakun, an indigenous ethnic group inhabiting the jungles of Pahang, Johor and Negeri Sembilan.
- (informal, derogatory, Singapore) fascinated with objects, events, or experiences which seem ordinary to others.
- 2009 February 9, The Jakun Tourist A Jakun Tourist’s Worst Nightmare…:
- A jakun tourist’s worst nightmare…is an idiot who simply cannot see that people want to take photographs & simply stands right in front of the object jakun tourists want to photograph, & lingers around it.
- 2013 May 17, Joel Wong, ONE Asia MMA Summit 2013: The Recap:
- Yes, it was one of the many jakun moments I had while in Singapore.
- 2015 December 26, The Halal Food Blog, Jinjja Chicken:
- And it’s popular foods in Korean culture that apparently so many of our readers are familiar with it all! But of course, we all jakun lah LOL.
- (Can we date this quote?), shaolintiger, Frog Porridge, Chicken Rice & the Journey Home:
- Sorry so jakun, need to post a picture of my Uber because it looks like a Bentley.
- 2016 March 18, fatinabilaah, [Twitter feed]:
- I was so jakun with the pen thingy and this happened hehe I feel like a kid.
- Genitive singular form of jakku.
- Adam's apple (the lump in the throat)
This Indonesian entry was created from the translations listed at Adam's apple. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see jakun in the Indonesian Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) January 2009