jimp (comparative jimper, superlative jimpest)
- (dated, Scotland and N England) neat; trim; delicate
- Synonyms: slender, handsome, spruce, elegant
1899, Neil Munro, Gilian the Dreamer, HTML edition, The Gutenberg Project, published 2007:
- Do I look so terrible old, Gilian, that you cannot think of me as not so bad-looking either, with a bonny eye, they said, and a jimp waist, and a foot like the honey-bee?
1994, George MacDonald Fraser, Flashman and the Angel of the Lord, Reprint edition, HarperCollins, published 2011, ISBN 9780007325696:
- … Annette was on hand, stony-eyed but mighty jimp in a gown that seemed to consist of flowers and gauze.
- (dated, Scotland and N England) scant; barely sufficient.