Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- sometimes junk-sick
- (slang) Experiencing the nausea sometimes suffered by the user of a narcotic the following day, or after the effects of the drug begin to wear off.
- "I checked into the hospital junk sick and spent four days there ..." - William S. Burroughs, from The Yagé Letters, 1953
- (slang) Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when referring to the use of narcotics, often having flu-like symptoms.
- "... a few old relics from hop smoking times, spectral janitors, grey as ashes, phantom porters sweeping out dusty halls with a slow old man's hand, coughing and spitting in the junk-sick dawn ..." - William S. Burroughs, from Naked Lunch, 1959
- Used especially in reference to heroin use.