Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dʒʌst dɪˈzɜːts/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dʒʌst dɪˈzɝts/
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) A punishment or reward that is considered to be what the recipient deserved.
- It may appear that they're getting ahead by cheating, but they'll get their just deserts in the end.
- Deserts here is the plural of desert, meaning "that which one deserves". "Desert" is now archaic and rarely used outside this phrase.
- The spelling just desserts is non-standard. It is sometimes used as a pun in, for example, restaurant names.
a punishment or reward that is considered to be what the recipient deserved