- The metal bar on motorcycle that is used to start its engine.
- The act of starting a motorcycle by quickly depressing the kick start with one's foot.
- The motorcycle requires a kick start.
- A fast or strong start; help with starting or beginning well.
- As a kick start for the group, let's write up some ideas.
- An impetus that starts or restarts some process.
metal bar on motorcycle
act of starting a motorcycle
fast or strong start
- (transitive) To start a motorcycle
- (transitive) To start or begin strongly or quickly.
- To kick start your learning, let's summarize the basics.
Noun senses 3 and 4, and verb sense 2, are considered incorrect in some circles; in all probability, the use of kick start to mean "revitalize" or "provide impetus" was derived from the metaphorical use of jump start in that sense.