Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A metal bar on motorcycle that is used to start its engine.
- An act of starting a motorcycle by quickly depressing the kick start with one's foot.
- The motorcycle requires a kick start.
- A fast or strong start; help with starting or beginning well.
- As a kick start for the group, let's write up some ideas.
- An impetus that starts or restarts some process.
metal bar on motorcycle
- (transitive) To start a motorcycle.
- He kick started the motorcycle and took off.
- (transitive) To start or begin strongly or quickly.
- To kick start your learning, let's summarize the basics.
- Kick start your day with a hearty breakfast.
- (transitive) To make (something) active, functional, or productive again; to reinvigorate (an activity, system, or process).
- To kick start the economy with a large construction project.
Noun senses 3 and 4, and verb sense 2, are considered incorrect in some circles; in all probability, the use of kick start to mean "revitalize" or "provide impetus" was derived from the metaphorical use of jump start in that sense.
to start or begin strongly
to make (something) active, functional, or productive again; to reinvigorate (an activity, system, or process).