See also: jumpstart
- (transitive) To start a motor vehicle by passing an electrical current from a charged battery to the discharged battery of the vehicle being started, by means of a booster cable connecting the two batteries.
- (transitive, figuratively) To reactivate or rejuvenate.
- Giving a really good speech at the convention could jump-start her political career.
- The process or result of jump-starting a motor vehicle.
- I left my headlights on all night. Could you give me a jump-start?