Jump to navigation Jump to search
kuudere (plural kuudere or kuuderes)
- (chiefly Japanese fiction) A calm, aloof, reserved fictional character (usually a girl) who has a hidden soft side, especially for a love interest.
- 2018, Ichiro Sakaki, translated by Kevin Steinbach, Outbreak Company, volume 5, unnumbered page:
- True, she wasn't very expressive—or anyway, I didn't feel like I saw a lot of emotion from her—but if I thought of her as a kuudere, or one of those “weird girl” types, that could actually be seen as a positive.
- 2018, "Moogle", "Cool As Rain", Otakuzine Anime Magazine, Issue #121, page 40:
- The cool and tough exterior she displays makes for a good kuudere, and the blue eyes and silver hair already sets her up for the role in the Clannad series.
- 2021, Rifujin na Magonote, Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation, Volume 11, unnumbered page:
- Her words were as cool as ever, but there was a hint of embarrassment in her voice. Could she be one of those “kuuderes” I'd heard so much abou
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:kuudere.