Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a lake.
- 1808 February 22, Walter Scott, “(please specify the introduction or canto number, or chapter name)”, in Marmion; a Tale of Flodden Field, Edinburgh: […] J[ames] Ballantyne and Co. for Archibald Constable and Company, […]; London: William Miller, and John Murray, OCLC 270129616:
- By bulwark, line, and battlement,
And flanking towers, and laky flood ,
Guarded and garrison'd she stood
- Of the color of a lake pigment; murky.
- Transparent; said of blood rendered transparent by the action of some solvent agent on the red blood corpuscles.
Random House Dictionary