Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Legendarium
legendarium (plural legendaria)
- A literary collection of legends, particularly those detailing the life of a saint.
- 1866 February, George Stephens, “Scandinavian Book-Lore”, in Sylvanus Urban [pseudonym; Edward Cave], editor, The Gentleman's Magazine and Historical Review, volume I (new series; volume CCXX since the commencement), London: Bradbury, Evans, & Co., 11, Bouverie Street, page 183:
- The same society [the Swedish Old-text Society] has begun a continuation of the Old-Swedish Legendarium (in 2 volumes), edited for the society by Professor Stephens.
- (literature) The collected high fantasy writings of J. R. R. Tolkien relating to the fictional realm of Middle-earth and the universe in which it is set.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:legendarium.
- (collection of legends): legendary